ar

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Where is My Head ?

When I was younger, I had the undesirable habit of losing things. I'd put something down, forget where I left it, then spend the next several minutes retracing my steps. There were times when I had to return to the house more than once to retrieve items that I needed. The worst was when I'd forget my lunch on the kitchen counter. Luckily, my mother sometimes noticed, and kindly and generously brought it to me. I still thank her to this day for sparing me from inevitable starvation.

This characteristic has unfortunately persisted to my adult life. Although I am normally organized and efficient, when the stress and distractions start to pile up, the forgetfulness resurfaces.

This week alone, I have misplaced:

- My pager (found it under my karate bag the next day);
- My driver's licence (found it in the laundry after it had been stashed in my pants pocket);
- My sunglasses (still MIA).

I had to return to the house twice on Wednesday morning - first for my gym bag, then for my softball clothes. This is not normal. Really !

My father, cursed with the same affliction, used to say that I'd lose my head if it wasn't screwed onto my shoulders. After this week, I must grudgingly admit that he was right. :)

Today is the day I will take a deep breath, rid myself of the worries for the tough week ahead, reset myself and chill. I think the outdoor patio at Starbucks, along with a nice, strong cup of coffee, is calling me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services