ar

Monday, September 08, 2008

Grumpy Person Alert

In my 8 years at this company, there has always been an unspoken rule about early-morning meetings that occur before the normal business hour of 9am: Give the attendees some form of appreciation for showing up outside of their normal working hours. This has historically involved a few dispensers containing good-quality Peet's or Starbucks coffee, and at times, a nice assortment of small bagels, fruit and pastries.

This morning, a MONDAY no less, at the bright and early hour of 8:00, I arrived for a corporate-mandated certification meeting, to find a standing-room-only meeting room, filled with attendees, but completely devoid of any refreshments whatsoever. I had forgone my morning coffee to arrive on time, thinking that it would be supplied -- and when I arrived, none was to be found. Only some jockeying for the last remaining seats, and a room full of half-awake, pissed off people.

Arrggh. Slinky is not a happy camper right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have weekly 8:00am Monday morning meetings here. No coffee or bagels provided :(

September 9, 2008 at 2:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Williams Family said...

Hey Andrea - just wanted to toss some thanks your way! We are headed to Vegas this weekend, and I just searched your blog because I knew you had some posts about it. I'm now planning a meal at Dick's Last Resort and you helped me make up my mind about seeing "O" or "Ka" - I've never seen a Cirque show, and I knew you had hated one of them! Hopefully your experience just saved me some wasted $$! - Jennifer

September 15, 2008 at 11:59:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services