ar

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Craptastic.

Today was not a good day.

Danny's work laid of 1/5th of their workforce. Those that remain, including Danny, are now taking a 10% pay cut.

I was told that I will not be receiving my bonus this year.

My coworker's wife was informed that her pay would be cut by 15%.

My softball teammate was laid off her job.

All of this, in one day. And 3 months before our wedding.

Danny and I are exceedingly thankful that we both still have jobs. In this deepening recession, it is something to be treasured. But I cannot deny that the next few months will be difficult.

I really hope our country pulls out of this soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services