ar

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Protection

As with any sport that involves fast-flying objects, there is always a risk of injury in softball. Especially since my preferred position is infield, and I play with guys who can scream a line drive whenever and wherever they wish. Last night's game was no exception to this.

We were out on the field, warming up for the game, when a new player for our team stepped in the box. He then proceeded to wail three straight hot ground balls in my direction. I handled them just fine, until the third one, looking quite routine, bounced close to the ground towards my positioned glove. Then, at the very last second, it took a funny hop, and walloped me right in the chest.

As many women will attest, this is not a comfortable experience. Certainly not to the level of a mid-section shot to a man, but still. My teammates all yelled "OW" in response to the impact. With the exception of my good friend AJ, who piped up, "Suck it up, Slink !"

So I did. And I have a nice big raspberry this morning to prove it.

But the worst part ? It happened in PRACTICE. I couldn't even say I took one for the team.

Oh well.

Given this incident, and the tendency of one particular female I tend to get partnered up with in Krav Maga -- who continually misses my abdomen and punches me in the boobs -- I think it's time for one of these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services