ar

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

As I mentioned in a previous entry, I was selected by my company's IT department to represent it at a national women engineers' conference. That conference is fast approaching, with the final preparations falling into place.

My bags are (mostly) packed, flights and hotels are booked, and all the paperwork and information I need to fulfill my role as interviewer for prospective new employees is in hand. I am a little nervous, but very excited and honored to be fulfilling this role for my department.

I'm not terribly thrilled, however, at leaving my family for three days. I booked the trip for the absolute minimum away-time possible, arriving a full day later than my coworkers. The only non-work activity I will be doing is visiting my sister-in-law and her family before I get on the plane to come home.

While we were discussing my imminent departure, Daniel piped up,

"Hey. What are we going to eat while you're gone ? Man, this sucks. We won't have anyone to cook for us. And it'll be WAY too quiet in here."

Well, it's nice to know that I'm appreciated, and will be missed. hehe :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services