ar

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ouch.

You know you're getting older when...

...you injure your back with a fucking sneeze.

Yup, you read that right. I sneezed rather violently two weeks ago, and immediately doubled over in pain. My lower back completely spasmed, rendering me unable to walk comfortably or sleep. Even Advil, which normally knocks out my worst aches and pains, could barely touch this. It is possible that hauling around my huge EMT bag to three separate calls that day may have contributed to the problem, however it was the sneeze that broke the camel's back. So to speak.

My chiropractor, roughly the same age as me, had experienced a similar incident about a year ago. For him, it took three whole weeks of light duty, stretches and muscle therapy, to render him operational again.

So that is what I must do. No huge EMT bag for me; I must use my car pack. I stand most of the day at work, as it hurts to sit. And since my dojo is shut down for a facility move, I won't go to Krav Maga either.

Getting older sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services