ar

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Aging Gracefully ?

This is the screen that greeted me this morning when I logged into one of my online banking sites:



Wow, ING Direct took the time to wish me a happy birthday. How nice of them !

Actually, I really should thank the software programmer who put in the cute little graphic to pop up on all the customers' birthdays. Even though it was a computer-generated .jpg file, it still was a nice touch.

I always struggle a bit this time of year with the harsh reality that time is marching by, and I am getting older. The last time I was carded was about a year ago - by a checker at Safeway who couldn't have been older than 23 himself. The look of shock on his face when he saw the 1973 birth year was priceless. I'll be sad when those requests eventually stop.

I got this unsolicited message the other day from someone on Friendster:

"ur hot babe 4 ur age really hot"

4 my age ?? Gee.. thanks ? I guess that is a compliment. I took it as such, but it just goes to show that I am not as young as I used to be.

What made my day, in addition to my beautiful goddaughter Emily singing "Happy Birthday" to me over the phone, was a fellow student in my karate class, who asked me,

"So, are you turning 22 today ?"

Heh. Maybe I don't get carded much anymore, but at least my true age is still higher than what people think. :)

Tonight will be a night of dinner, dancing and revile till the wee morning hours. I don't think I'll make the 10am workout in the park tomorrow, but I might just give it a shot.

At 32, age hasn't affected my energy level one bit.

At least not yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya you dont look your age slinky.
another canadian hottie lost to california.

December 18, 2005 at 6:13:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your freckles. I have a friend from canuckistan....she lived in Hull

December 27, 2005 at 4:16:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services