ar

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Small Blessings

I am on the plane tonight, again to Toronto, to visit my family for the Christmas holidays. It will be a short trip, 5 days, just long enough to celebrate and to visit those I wasn't able to see last month.

I know traveling will be a pain in the butt. This time of year, everyone on the planet is rushing. Rushing on the freeways, rushing in the parking lots, rushing in the shopping malls. The airports will be madhouses, herding its patrons like wayward cattle to their destinations.

The airlines, of course, are happy to take your money. When I booked this trip, I wasn't told until after I'd paid for it that I was overbooked on my return flight. Which means I may not get on it. And to add insult to injury, the only seat available on the red-eye going into Toronto was a middle seat.

Not very conducive to sleeping.

This morning, I took advantage of the airline's web check-in feature. Just for laughs, I put in a request to change my seat.

It was granted ! I now have a window seat. Tonight, I will be able to rest my head against the window, and may even get a few hours' sleep on the flight.

Sometimes, the small blessings make a huge difference. This is one of those times.

It may be too much to ask to actually get on the return flight. But I'll figure that out when the time comes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you get any free time (i know, slim chance), you know my number, gimme a ring.

December 21, 2005 at 6:29:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services