ar

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Work Fridge Fun

I was in the work refrigerator today, putting my brand-new apples in the drawer, when I smelled something funky. It was definitely fruit, but not fresh fruit. More like going-nasty fruit. I looked closer, into the back of the fridge, searching for the source of the stench.

There, wedged behind a spilled styrofoam container of bacon, unidentifiable meat and rice, was a bunch of grapes. All wilted, a few brown, some shriveled and black like raisins. No visible mold, but I'm sure that was coming. Gross.

My coworker, seeing my plight, took the offending semi-rotten fruit and put it in the trash bin. He and I both cleaned up the rice/meat mess. I mentioned that the fruit was gross, and that I was glad he touched it, because I didn't want to.

He said, "Are you kidding ? There are a few good grapes on that bunch !"

He then proceeded to take the bunch out of the trash, and eat two of the still-green, not-so-shriveled grapes.

"Tim !", I exclaimed, "That's nasty !"

"Yeah," he replied, "I guess I should wash them."

He then proceeded to run the bunch under some water, and continue eating.

I don't want my lunch anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

their just raisins :P

October 20, 2006 at 8:43:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services