ar

Monday, October 09, 2006

Love Them 'Rents

In preparation for my parents' visit from Canada, I made sure the environment was to their liking. I set up the futon in the spare room, moved my bathroom stuff to the hallway bathroom, and let them use my room with the larger bed. I stocked the fridge and cupboards with all the food that they typically enjoy, and picked up a nice bottle of Italian wine.

My mother, being the industrious type, likes to help out when she comes to visit. I never have to worry about loading the dishwasher or doing laundry. She actually enjoys doing these things, which is perfectly fine by me. However, sometimes she goes a little overboard.

She decided she wanted to do some laundry, and wash my stuff with some of theirs to fill the load. I woke up this morning to the sound of the washing machine running, and her informing me that she had put bleach on a few pairs of my underwear.

Sheesh. Thanks, Mom.

Also this morning, I found my wine rack relocated to on top of my fridge, populated with water bottles alongside my Ruffino. The case of Diet Mug Root Beer was moved to my pantry, stuffed in there with my canned goods and boxes of oatmeal. But for the life of me, I couldn't find my food scale, a tool that I often use in the preparation of meals.

"Mom, where's my food scale ?"

"Oh, I moved it. It's in your breadbox."

My food scale is in my breadbox.

Alrighty then.

Love ya, Mom. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services