ar

Monday, November 27, 2006

Dream Come True

For the last several months, I've been thinking of buying a car, to replace my Cavalier. There is nothing wrong with Roo at all. She has 113,000 miles on it, 100,000 of those traveled by me. But I've always driven compact cars, and lately I've been wanting to upgrade, for the simple reason that I've earned it; through hard work, saving and smart investing. It was time.

My first thoughts were of a two-seater roadster, like the new-style MX-5 Miatas. They are hot, hot, hot. I also was looking at BMW Z3s or Z4s. But the blocking issue was simple: these cars were not practical for my needs. I like to drive people around, and I need a trunk that can hold my softball bag, medical gear, CERT rescue gear and gym bag, and still have room for groceries. None of these cars could do that.

Then my thoughts turned to the one thing I've always wanted: a BMW convertible 4-seater sedan. And upon research, I found that the 2002s and 2003s were well within my budget. I started a search, first on eBay, then on cars.com. And two weeks ago, I found the perfect match in Sacramento: a 2003 330ci convertible, in my favorite midnight blue color. Danny and I set off on Saturday to go take a look.

When we stepped into the dealership's showroom, we were greeted by a dark blue BMW, sitting right at the entrance. "Wow," I said to myself, "that's SO hot. I hope it's the one we came to look at."

It was. And it was perfect.

The color was gorgeous, exactly what I'd imagined my dream car to be. The inside was immaculately clean and well-kept. All the functions, except for two minor ones, worked. The car had everything: fully-automatic convertible top, seat warmers, and a trunk that could fit all of my gear. And it had power. Pure, raw power, something none of my previous cars have ever had.

It was a dream come true.

I hadn't planned on buying the car that day. I was half-expecting there to be something seriously wrong with it. No way could a mint, one-owner, lease-return car be so good for the low advertised price. But nothing was wrong. Everything was perfect.

I wrote the check, and we took it home that same day.

This is going to be awesome.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services