ar

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Double-Edged Sword

I hate prednisone.

Hate it, hate it, hate it.

The ER doc put me on a seven-day course of this steroid to prevent any further asthma attacks. While this and the various other medications I've been taking have done the trick, I've barely slept since then.

Oh sure, I was able to catch 2-4 hours at a stretch every night, but it was always a fitful sleep, tossing and turning, constantly awakening, staying up for what seemed like hours before finally drifting off again. For seven days straight.

The medication wired me during the day as well, so much so that I didn't need to drink coffee the entire week. But I didn't sleep, either.

Two days ago was my last dosage, and last night was the first night prednisone-free. I slept 11 hours, barely moving, and still feel like a truck ran over me this morning.

It's going to take some time to catch up from a week of no sleep. And, I'm at work today, so I'll have to find my concentration somehow.

Time to get more coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services