ar

Friday, October 12, 2007

A Letter

Dear Terri,

I wanted to express my deep appreication to you for being there for me when I was going through one of the toughest times of my life. Those late nights, when I was staying with you and your daughter and agonizing about the ardurous road ahead, you talked to me, gave me advice, and showed me a compassion and understanding that I so desperately needed. You were there for me, and I thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

My parents really enjoyed that time that you and your daughter joined us for dinner. I knew you and my dad would get along great. You two had similar stories about the "old country" and your wacky families. I will always remember and cherish that evening, with some of the most important people in my life.

Your daughter is like a sister to me, one of my best friends on Earth. And you, you were like second mother to me in the short time I knew you. Thank you, for everything. I send you much love.

Ti amo,

Andrea.

-----

What else can be said to someone who has just been given one month to live ?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

What you said was perfect.

What better way to know your life has meant something, than to have another tell you how deeply you have touched theirs?

October 14, 2007 at 9:54:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services