ar

Friday, May 15, 2009

Talk Me Out of It !

When my good friend Ed told me that he had bought a NetBook (a mini-laptop), for traveling and convenience, I thought "Wow, what a great idea ! A nice-to-have, but a good one at that !"

I have an iPhone, which is great for looking up information, but is not always reliable. Some websites do not work on it (or crash it completely). It is very awkward to do even moderately complicated searches on it. And forget about any websites that happen to have Flash on them. A NetBook would solve all these problems, and in addition, would keep me safe from any issues that may happen when traveling with my work computer.

So, when Danny, my parents and I went to Fry's, I just happened to spot one of these. A NetBook, with decent processor speed and memory, a nice sized hard drive, and only three little pounds.

On. Sale.

And cheaper than the online price.

I grabbed Danny. "Talk me out of it," I begged. "We are going on our honeymoon tomorrow. I know I don't need one of these, but one would be so cool, and so convenient."

With a thoughtful look on his face, he replied, "You know, something like that would be really great for us."

He didn't talk me out of it, because it was a damned good idea.

We walked out of the store, with a nice little box in our cart, containing our new computer.

I can't wait to make good use of it. Something tells me I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services