ar

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Exhausted -- But In a Good Way

I am back from my stay in Southern California at the Society for Women Engineers national conference.

It was an exhausting three days. In addition to interviewing young college grads and soon-to-be-grads for positions within my company's IT department, I also had time to attend a couple of leadership, coaching and mentoring seminars. This conference is not just for women to help them find jobs; it's a total career builder, with seminars ranging from what to wear to interviews to how to succeed in the workplace.

During a rather brutal two days of interviews and booth duty, I met and spoke with some of the most intelligent, talented and interesting women I have ever interacted with in my life. Just hearing these women's stories and what makes them tick was fascinating to me. I am so honored to have been chosen for this duty, and I sincerely hope that the eight final candidates I recommended for hire will be brought onto our company.

Of course, we were allowed some time to unwind after a gruelling two days. What better way to do so than a nice juicy steak, chocolate cake and a Mai Tai cocktail ?



(Don't worry, that wasn't the shirt I wore at the conference.)

My most awesome and hard-working co-workers and I had a blast, and there is already talk of another conference to attend in one year's time.

I am so there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services