ar

Monday, December 17, 2007

Rhetorical Question

It's my birthday today. I'm at work, sitting in an all-hands meeting for a team I might be transferring out of soon.

I could have gone for lunch with my friends. But I'm here, listening to droning managers and eating cardboard pizza.

What the hell is wrong with me ?

It's a misplaced sense of duty, that which has kept me working this sweatshop job for far too long, tolerating the insufferable cut-throat business tactics that left us working insane hours to meet an impossible schedule that could never be slipped under any circumstance. I'm not sure why I have such a sense of obligation to a team that has systematically chewed up its software testers and spit them out, but that is my life as it is right now.

I find out within the next few days if I have been granted my internal transfer.

Perhaps, this new group will be deserving of my loyalty and dedication. I sincerely hope so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! From one overworked Sagittarian to another! Hope your transfer goes through!

December 17, 2007 at 5:26:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, Andrea!

December 19, 2007 at 10:30:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services