ar

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Grace and Poise

I am a messy eater.

More often than I care to admit, the subject of my consuming attention ends up down the front of my shirt or in my lap. As I was instructed as a child not to slouch, any wayward crumbs often end up on me instead of on my plate. It is the sole reason why I never, ever wear white shirts.

As luck would have it, Danny is blessed with a similar affliction, varying only in his willingness to slouch over his plate. We both joke that we have holes in our bottom lips. It is not far from the truth.

At the movies, waiting outside the theater for the doors to be opened, Danny, my friend Derek (hi Derek !) and I were enjoying the bag of popcorn we had just purchased. To our amusement, every reach from the bag to Danny's mouth resulted in a piece of popcorn tumbling to the floor. We made fun of him mercilessly, while I was able to control myself and spill only one or two pieces in total.

Until the conversation turned to something I wished for Danny to tell a story about.

I said, "Hey Danny, tell Derek about the story of your coworker slipping and falling on the floor." With a flourish, my hand raised in the air.... and knocked 1/4 of the bag of popcorn on the floor.

So much for grace and poise.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you...I think in fact that I'm your queen :)

October 30, 2007 at 7:59:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services