ar

Thursday, January 17, 2008

All She Needs Now is a Social Security Number

The pet pharmacy screwed up.

I ordered a refill of Mocha's kitty prozac one week in advance, as instructed by my vet. The week passed by, I was down to my last pill, and still, it had not arrived.

So the vet called in the prescription to my family's pharmacy - Walgreen's.

The human equivalent of Prozac - blue tablets, instead of the brown, meat-flavored variety - was in stock, and filled that same day.



That's right, my cat is not just Mocha, the crazy kitty on Prozac.

She is Mocha MyLastName Cat, of Need Address, CA.

I wonder if she will someday get a jury duty notice.

Just as an aside, the pet pharmacy was charging me $50/month for meat-flavored chewable Prozac. The Walgreen's price ? $15/month.

Sorry, pet pharmacy. I have a mortgage to pay. Walgreen's it is from now on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to make life really easy, try finding pill pockets. You vet or the petstore might have them. You pop the pill in and feed like a treat. Works until Kitty catches on to what is actually inside.

January 23, 2008 at 11:18:00 AM PST  
Blogger Andrea said...

I tried that ! She ate them for all of 3 days, and then decided she didn't like them anymore. :( I have to resort to sticking the pill in her mouth every morning. It sucks, but it's effective.

January 24, 2008 at 4:20:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services