ar

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Shit Magnet.. Even In The Shower

The unmistakable "bling !" of my iPhone greeted me as I exited the shower. Who the hell is texting me this early, I wondered. I dried myself off and checked the message.

"8:00am: Medical Emergency, building X, 1st floor, cube I5-7."

Crap, I thought to myself. If only I were a perky early-riser, I could have helped out with this one. Oh well, all I can do now is continue with my morning routine.

Then it hit me.

Building X is my building.

Cube I5-7 is my cube.

There was a medical emergency going on in my cube at that very moment, and there I was at home, drying myself off with a towel and brushing my teeth. I heard the whole story from the receptionist when I arrived an hour later.

An employee of our building had been feeling sick, and had decided to skip her gym routine and go to work. As she exited her car, she nearly fainted, catching herself on her trunk lid. She then staggered into the building. The receptionist saw her struggling, and guided her through the door and to my cube. I wasn't there of course, so the receptionist sat the patient in my chair, and used my phone to call 911.

Security arrived (no ERT members were at work that early to help), followed closely by the Fire Department and an ambulance. The patient was loaded up and taken to the hospital for evaluation.

All of this, at my cube, on a Friday morning at 8:00.

And I wasn't even there.

Damnit !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That is pretty creepy.

Justin G =)

February 19, 2008 at 11:43:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services