ar

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Updates

I realize my updates to this site have been sporadic at best in the past few months. Unfortunately the time demands of my new job, plus my normal life stuff, have gotten in the way of my regular posting here. That hopefully will change soon, as I continue to grow into my new position.

I have always loved Network Operations. I did it for a few years back in Toronto, before I relocated to Silicon Valley to do software testing for my current company. Seven years after my move, however, I was ready for a change. I was unhappy in my software testing job, and wanted to get back to my roots. So I applied for a job in our IT department, to work at my first love, Network Operations.

Even though my Operations experience had had a seven-year gap, the IT group welcomed me as a part of their team. I threw myself fully into the new position; working long hours to study, ramp up and learn, with the same passion and dedication I had for my previous Ops job in Toronto. That effort, while taking me away from blogging and other such activities, was well worth the time spent.

For the first time in a long time, I actually love my job.

My boss is incredible, my coworkers are awesome, and this group is all about teamwork, helping others and doing what's best for the network and for the company. It is quite a contrast from the abusive, me-first, step-on-everyone-to-get-ahead mentality of my previous group.

The IT department is a true team in every sense of the word. When I need help, someone is always there to assist. When a team member asks me for help, I am there. Everyone has each other's back, and we do what is right for our clients and for our network.

I think I have found my home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services