ar

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Lack of Planning on Your Part Does Not Constitute an Emergency on My Part

Last week Tuesday, our group at work was asked to help out with a project. They wanted our approval of their design, and I, after opening my big mouth (gosh, I really need to learn to keep it SHUT), was asked to assist them.

I sent them an email that same day, asking what I could do to help.

The next time I heard from them was yesterday -- exactly one week after their initial contact -- at 12:08pm demanding a conference call with extreme urgency and drop-everything-OMG-the-world-is-falling-down overtones. Of course, my entire department was at lunch. Sorry guys, but you'll just have to wait till they get back.

If this was so incredibly important and urgent, why did they wait an entire week to respond to my request ?

This, I do not understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services