ar

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Full of Life

Chad is one of my oldest friends, someone I refer to as my little brother, ironic considering he is older than I. We have been friends for years, instant friends since that fateful day he belted out belch after towering belch from the outfield, reducing me to a rolling, hysterical mass of laughter. We've been through a lot together, he and I, and have always remained close through it all.

Today, we had this exchange as we were discussing our respective holidays.

[15:51] Chad: :) I've never seen you this happy :D
[15:52] Slinky: really ?
[15:52] Chad: It's been a while
[15:53] Chad: even just chatting here I can tell how full of life you are


How right he is.

I am full of life - my life ! The life I've always wanted to live, but was too afraid to pursue until now.

For the first time ever, I am beginning to like the person I am. I'm building the life I've always dreamed of, with every ounce of energy and determination I can muster. My only limitation is the finite number of hours in a day. There is nothing else holding me back.

As I look back at the year that has passed, I am astounded by the amount of change and growth in such a short time. I barely recognize myself as I was exactly one year ago. But one thing has stayed constant: my passion for life, helping others, my work (both paid and volunteer), my family and friends, and for the pursuit of knowledge, new experiences and new interactions with others.

Happiness cannot be given to you by another person. It must first come within you. Now, for the first time ever, this is true for me.

I begin 2006 with this, that inner confidence and security that comes from one who knows and understands their faults and weaknesses, and yet still believes in themselves. I have no idea what this year will bring, but I am ready for it. I'm ready for the challenges of a college graduate program and full-time work. I'm ready for whatever joys and tragedies are in store for me and those around me. I'm ready to face the world with every ounce of passion and dedication in my heart. I'm ready for true happiness. I'm ready for life.

Bring it on !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services