ar

Monday, February 12, 2007

Last Minute

I admit it. I completely forgot, in the hustle and stress and craziness that was this past Friday, to call and order Danny's Valentine's Day present. Sure, I got him a little gift and a card, but the big thing was supposed to be ordered and on its way by now.

T-minus two days, and I had yet to make the call. Of cousre they were closed on the weekend.

This morning, finally, I picked up the phone.

Sure, I could have requested that it be sent via two-day shipping. But this particular item is heavy, and as such, would have cost an extra $30 to expedite. While agonizing over this decision, the kind gentleman on the other end of the phone said,

"Hey, we're guys. We don't care about it being on Valentine's Day that much."

How right he was. Danny won't care if the big gift was one day late. He has something to open on the day, and besides, it's the thought that counts. Heck, even I, as the woman, would understand. I was supposed to play softball that day anyway, and we were both fine with it. The league cancelled the games, but still. It's just one day.

So I ordered it. Scheduled arrival is February 15th.

Although I am kicking myself for being a forgetful putz, I am ok with this.

I hope he is, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"valentines day" is a marketing stunt, nothing more. you want to give danny a special gift, that doesn't have to occur on feb14th as the markets play people. treat every day like that special day you have with a close one.

February 14, 2007 at 6:59:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services