ar

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dream Come True

Our romantic evening, the day after Valentine's Day, was one I will never forget as long as I live.

Sure, the restaurant lost the reservation I had made earlier in the day. However, they seated us immediately, and we were treated to a wonderful, delicious meal with an animated chef performing cool tricks, including a blazing fire from a stack of onions.

It was well worth the frustration of the day before, and undoubtedly a memorable experience. But not as much as afterward, when we arrived at our home.

In the past, I'd never understood why women cried when their suitors asked them for their hand in marriage. I'd see it all the time, on TV, in real-life, and I was simply dumbfounded. Why do they cry ? The concept was foreign to me.

I never understood it, until yesterday, when the tears flowed freely from my eyes; rendered speechless by the wave of emotions that overcome me.

When that special person, with whom you connect on the deepest of levels in all ways possible, asks for your hand in marriage, the tears are a natural, human response to the most emotional moment of your life. The tears are those of joy, from deep within, that can hardly be explained or rationalized, only felt in one's own heart.

I never understood this phenomenon before.

Now, I do.




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so glad you have found someone who truely makes you happy! 2008 is turning out to be a big year for you.

Andrea

February 26, 2008 at 5:50:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Andrea, you definitely deserve all the happiness in the world.

Jorie

February 27, 2008 at 4:12:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! How wonderful for you and Danny...I'm so glad for you both!

Meredith

March 3, 2008 at 7:20:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Andrea you deserve it. Best wishes to you and Danny. I am really happy to hear this.
Hope to see you at CERT school.
Andrew

March 3, 2008 at 11:04:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!!

March 4, 2008 at 8:50:00 PM PST  
Blogger Andrea said...

Thank you to all of you for your best wishes and support ! *hugs*

-Slinky

March 21, 2008 at 5:34:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services