ar

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Gloating

Being born and raised in Toronto, Canada, it has always been impossible - by golly, unthinkable - to be able to walk outside in short sleeves, amidst blooming flowers and chirping birds, in the middle of February.

Toronto is still in the tenacious grip of a bitterly cold winter with no end in sight. Undoubtedly its residents are completely fed up with the unrelenting sleet and snow, howling wind and sub-freezing temperatures. Though it is not my practice to gloat, I could not resist sending the following email last week to my wonderful family living in that great city of my origin:


It is currently 18C [65F] and super-sunny in San Jose. 10-day forecast is all partly cloudy, no rain, highs between 12C [54F] and 17C [63F]. People are already starting to mention spring.

Walked to a medical call today, 3 buildings away, in a t-shirt without a jacket. Didn't need it.

:)



This was my mom's response:


Bite me!!


sending you a package today,

Love Mom


HAHA ! My mom rocks. Here's a picture of our beautiful February flower, currently blossoming in our front yard.




Oh yeah, and I got a bit of a sunburn yesterday when we were driving to San Francisco with the sunroof open. Life is tough, isn't it ? :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Foxxy One said...

You are such a bitch (at least, that would be what my mom would have called you if you had sent her that email). LOL It's freaking snowing her girl! Snowing!

That's ok - I'm leaving for my cruise a week from tomorrow!

Hugs!

February 17, 2005 at 2:29:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services