ar

Friday, May 06, 2005

The sleeping dragon has been awakened.

There have been a few times in my life that I have discovered something so intriguing, so profound, so perfect that it speaks to the very core of my being. It stirs the passion in my heart, quickening my pulse, stealing my breath, sending a charge through my body.

I remember this feeling. It was the vibrant energy that rushed through my veins when I first saw the recruitment flyer for the Paid-On-Call firefighter program in my county. That brochure spoke to my inner soul, motivating me into the gym and the classroom in preparation for this opportunity.

Who would ever have thought a job could reach me in the same way ?

Through sheer luck, and a bit of crafty schmoozing, I have spoken to a small but emerging group in my company, whose product beautifully pairs my zeal for technology and my deep commitment to public service. It is of utmost importance for me to balance my career goals with my unassuming desire to help people in need and to make a difference. It seems that this opportunity can do both. I am speechless. Truly, utterly speechless.

Of course, I don't want to get too excited over this just yet. My disappointment when I found out the Paid-On-Call firefighter program is not yet implemented in my city [Scroll to the bottom story] is still fresh in my mind. It is unwise and presumptuous to jump the gun at this early stage. So I am putting a lid on my enthusiasm for now.

But I won't forget this feeling.

The sleeping dragon has been awakened.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

I have a cat named Peaches, well I used to. My ex has him now. We got him about 15 years ago. He is very fat and still kicking. I have never run into another cat named Peaches before today.

May 6, 2005 at 9:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Foxxy One said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Slinky baby!

May 11, 2005 at 6:48:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services