ar

Thursday, July 28, 2005

My Fortune Cookie

Just opened the fortune cookie from this afternoon's most delicious Asian-style lunch. The small piece of paper inside says:

"Tomorrow's happiness begins today."

It most certainly does.

New job, new place to live, new life - all starting at the same time, right now. Today's optimism, today's passion, today's drive and resolve will become tomorrow's happiness, because I wish it to be so. I feel that I can weather any storm, as the current one passes and the sun begins to peek out from behind the dark clouds.

Today's sacrifice becomes tomorrow's gain.
Today's hurt becomes tomorrow's healing.
Today's courage becomes tomorrow's strength.
Today's hope becomes tomorrow's fulfillment.
Today's dream becomes tomorrow's reality.

All I can do is move forward, and pursue with tenacious resolve the life I know I want to live.

That little paper from my fortune cookie is now prominently displayed on my cube wall, as a gentle reminder of this path.

Carpe Diem. Seize the Day !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services