ar

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Choices.. Choices..

I'm sick again.

This time with the flu, conveniently appearing right after a morning of CERT volunteer work in the rain just over a week ago. And as always, the illness has caused a secondary infection in my sinuses and in my bronchial tubes.

I've lost track of how many times I've had bronchitis this year. 4 ? 5 ? It all just seems to meld together.

The antibiotics I've always used aren't working anymore. Now, I have to take something stronger. All because my fragile lungs cannot handle invasion of any type of bug.

Of course my doctor yelled at me; one, for continuing to play softball in the cold, and two, for doing the volunteer work when it was raining. I deserved that. I knew it might make me sick, and I did it anyway. I deserved every bit of the tongue-lashing I got.

But now I have a problem.

Tonight's softball game is the playoffs. The semi-final and championship. And I'm sick.

A third of my team is out, and I can't find a sub for myself. I've asked everyone on my list.

If I don't find a sub, I have a choice.

Play, or my team forfeits the championships.

WTF is a girl to do ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services