ar

Friday, February 23, 2007

Payroll Can Bite Me

I am so angry right now I could spit.

As is my yearly custom, I compiled all my statements, added up my donations, and prepared a tax packet for the folks at H&R Block well ahead of the April deadline. And today, I paid them a visit to crunch the numbers.

My company still has me listed as married.

A year and a half ago, I filed all the required paperwork to notify them of my change in status. Apparently, it went into a black hole. They never changed my status, and never changed my deductions.

I now owe the IRS $4085.

Plus a $131 fine because my employer didn't withhold enough.

I am so angry right now I can't even see straight. I did everything I was supposed to do, and someone on the other end completely dropped the ball. And as a result, I owe four thousand dollars in taxes, plus a fine out of my own hard-earned money. I am livid.

Someone is going to hear about this on Monday.

Yes, I can cover the tax amount with my well-timed bonus, but I want my $131 back ! It wasn't my fault someone at Payroll ignored me.

I'm going to be on the rampage Monday morning. Payroll, watch out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

recovered from being sick yet? go sneeze on everyone in payroll.

February 27, 2007 at 12:26:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, my payroll department did something similar...took $250 for January health insurance out of my pay even though I told them in November (!) to cancel it. Is being a moron a job requirement? I'll be ripping some new orifices along with you to get my money back.

March 1, 2007 at 4:26:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services