ar

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thank You, Deb

I didn't have to play last night.

After sending an email to my team, notifying them of my plight, one of my female teammates that had previously said she would not be there rearranged her schedule so she could take my place.

I am eternally grateful.

She could have continued with her plans, but instead, found alternate arrangements at the last minute. I am so thankful for her dedication. It made a huge difference.

During the game, it was 55F and very windy. Although I was wrapped in three layers and my beanie hat, and sitting in the wind-blocked dugout, I was still cold and coughing. Nothing a hot cup of coffee couldn't cure, but there is no doubt I would be deathly ill today if I'd played.

Yes, we lost in the semi-finals. But the cold beer and hot pizza after the game, and the knowledge that we all were still in one piece, made up for it all.

We will never play softball outside in the winter again. Ever.

It's not worth our health.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy girl, glad you got the night off. get better!!! (thats an order)

"We will never play softball outside in the winter again."

hehe come back home, our blowing snow blizzards miss you.

February 23, 2007 at 9:03:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services