ar

Monday, March 26, 2007

It Has Started Again

A house that we really, really like, in the perfect location, has just come up on the market.

It's almost-new, beautifully kept, and very close to everything, including Daniel's school, my work, and Danny's parents. Sure, it's a little smaller than I would prefer, and it only has a 1-car garage and carport instead of a 2-car garage, but it's beautiful. The look on Danny's face when we finished the tour was that of pure delight. As was mine.

This weekend, we mulled it over. There is another house that we like, which is bigger and with a two-car garage, but it needs more upgrades, including air conditioning. And the location isn't as desirable. Tonight, we were supposed to decide which one to offer first.

Until my agent called.

There are two offers already on the first place. It's barely been on the market a week. If we don't act now, we might lose it. And we may not even get the second place, because it's way overpriced, and we planned to offer $20k less than list.

We're signing the offer paperwork for the first place tonight - for list plus $1k, to cover the not-included-in-price appliances.

Cross your fingers for us. I really want this one.

But I have promised myself not to mentally move in just yet. If we don't get it, the second one is still available, and it's a really good house too. I am passionate about both of them. But I won't count my chickens when all I got is a carton of eggs. I have sworn myself to it.

Wish us luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, old friend from back in the Toronto party days here. Pardon my ignorance with this blog site, but how the hell do I send you an email on this thing?

March 26, 2007 at 4:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Andrea said...

Your comment just emailed me. Send me your email address and I'll contact you !

March 26, 2007 at 5:25:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 26, 2007 at 5:27:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services