ar

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Blech

We didn't get the house.

I should have known this was going to happen. From the very first conversation that my agent had with the selling agent, I knew it was going to be trouble. The selling agent was playing games, telling my agent that we should be prepared to pay more than list price, and that they wouldn't accept offers until after the Open House.

I hate game-playing. And I'm not stupid enough to be tricked into carrying on a bidding war. The selling agent's perception of my intelligence is insulting.

The writing was on the wall. Literally and figuratively, as the larger child's bedroom was artistically doodled on by the boy that is currently living there.

The selling agent was an ass. I knew this from the first conversation during the Open House. I commented to Danny and our agent later on that this guy carted a 50-pound trailload of sh*t behind him, and gee, it's no wonder he's a self-admitted "confirmed bachelor". All this was true. But I really wanted that house.

Danny told me as we were processing the offer paperwork that he was excited, but not overly so. "Nothing is certain until they hand you the keys," he said. I heard the words, but I didn't listen to the message. And now, that this deal did not happen, I am heartbroken.

Today will be a sulking day.

Tonight, we will go look at some more promising domiciles, but for now, I think I just need to wallow in my own disappointment. Next time, perhaps I won't get my hopes up so high.

Yeah, right.

I know that I do the same thing next time; get my hopes up only to have it bite me in the butt later on. What can I say ? I'm a sucker for punishment.

Bring on the next one. I'm ready for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Sulk away. Buying a house is such a huge thing to do and no one is really on your side!

There is an old Scottish proverb that goes something along the lines of:

'What's meant for you won't pass you by'

So maybe THAT wasn't the one and there is another place that is meant for you?

Good luck anyway :-)

March 17, 2007 at 3:21:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services