ar

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Oh My God

We just put an offer in on a house.

It's a 1300 sq. foot, 3-bedroom townhouse with a two-car garage. Nice size, good location, bedrooms for each of the kids, and a nice back yard. It needs some TLC and a good cleaning, but otherwise, it's perfect.

I'm scared, nervous, excited and hopeful all at the same time.

I know I'm not supposed to get my hopes up, but I can't help it. I love this house. I want it to be ours.

The Bay Area home market is still ridiculously expensive. Yes, some prices have dropped, and interest rates are still at a decent level. But one can hardly find a townhouse or condo for less than $475k. That's almost half a million dollars. Even with two working adults contributing to the mortgage, this is a daunting debt to take on.

But we can do this. We're ready.

Cross your fingers for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Keywords: Andrea Di Lecce, andrea di lecce, Andrea DiLecce, andrea dilecce, Andrea Abrahamsen, andrea abrahamsen, Slinky, slinky, SlinkyGal, SLiNKyGaL, slinkygal, SlinkyDee, slinkydee, Toronto, toronto, San Francisco, san francisco, San Jose, san jose, softball, Seido karate, volleyball, blog, emotion, philosophy, funny, jokes, musings, psychology, EMT, EMS, emergency medical services